[Dr. Pipim attended the 2015 General Conference Session in San Antonio, Texas. While there, he shared with his global circle of friends (on Facebook and on mailing list) his observations and analyses of significant theological actions taken at the Session. After sharing Part 4 of his report (which dealt with the No vote against women's ordination and its implications), some of his well-known adversaries renewed their campaign of slander. Below is Dr. Pipim's Facebook response which he posted on July 15, 2015. http://tinyurl.com/nmsg35x].

I WILL NOT BE SILENT

We live in a culture of cowardly silence—a controversy-avoiding society where “getting along by going along” is the way of life. In this culture of silence, we tend to be mute on critical issues or conditions, until our personal self-interests are threatened, or until it is too late. 

But I refuse to be silent.

As some of you may know, not everyone is happy with my latest book COURAGE and my report and analysis of the recent 2015 GC Session in San Antonio. In fact, during the past four years some of my adversaries did everything in their power to ensure that my voice would be forever silenced on issues being debated in the Church. Not surprisingly, in the wake of the major decisions at the recent GC session, and as the Church gears itself for the next phase of spirited discussions, some of them have renewed their spiritually-disguised campaign of slander. But as I’ve done in the past, heeding the counsel of EGW, I will continue to ignore them, and will refuse to stoop to their level. 

All are welcome to my Facebook page, and even to disagree with my point of view. But my page is not for well-meaning or misguided opportunists to promote themselves, their organizations, websites, or their ideological agenda. Nor is it the place to spread their ignorance, hypocrisy, hate, false accusations, gossip, racism, insults, spam, or any other thing that is of bad taste. Anyone who desires to make comments on my page should be guided by this principle: 

“Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things” (Philippians 4:8). Those who violate this basic principle of Christian conduct will be BANNED or BLOCKED. Period!

And if anyone asks why, point them to one of my weekly thought nuggets: 

WRESTLING WITH PIGS
“Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig enjoys it” (An old adage). The Bible says: “Do not answer a fool according to his folly. Lest you also be like him" (Proverbs 26:4). At times the best response to falsehood, slander, and cruel attacks is to ignore them, trusting our case with God. We learn this from David, after Shimei cursed, accused, and threw stones and dirt at him (2 Samuel 16:5-14). Writes E.G. White: “False reports will circulate about us; but … let us leave to God the care of our reputation. Slander can be lived down by our manner of living; it is not lived down by words of indignation. Let our great anxiety be to act in the fear of God, and show by our conduct that these reports are false.” DON’T wrestle with your pigs!

Meanwhile, I refuse to be silent or silenced. For, when Eagles are silent, parrots make lots of noise. Or as we say in Africa, “until lions write their own history, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.”

I have every right to speak, even as others are doing on their pages and blogs, and in their public statements and official pronouncements. Nay, I have an obligation to speak and write. In the words of the Apostle Paul, “necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!” (1 Corinthians 9:16). My writing is a ministry to those who care to know the truth. It may be a treasonable act in this age of ideological propaganda, but the alternative--silence--is a criminal act by cowards of all stripes. In times of crises, writing liberates and empowers, but silence enslaves. Or as I explain in one of my simple rhymes:

Those who read 
are those who lead.

But those who write
keep the leaders right.

For silence is the crime
by cowards of every time.

By the grace of God, I will NOT be silent. I refuse to be silent or silenced. Neither should you. Too much is at stake to be silent. Therefore, in this age of cowardly silence—in our controversy-avoiding culture where “getting along by going along” is the way of life—I want to appeal to you, through one of my thought-nuggets:

BE THE PEN
No one has yet succeeded in silencing the voice of the pen. To ignore it is to be influenced by it, and to attack it is to promote it. Over the years the powerful have tried to banish, tarnish, and even vanish the pen. They vilified, conspired, unjustly tried, and imprisoned it. Then they executed it, consigned its burial to infamy, and made sure there was no tombstone for it. But somehow the ordinary pen outlives the sword of the mighty. Its spilled blood infuses life into the veins of new generations. Be “the pen of a ready writer” (Psalm 45:1). Dare to speak. Refuse to be silenced. For the pen of truth is the most effective weapon against the arrogance and tyranny of power. Be the pen!—Samuel Koranteng-Pipim

PS. Within the next two or so days, you should expect Part 5 of my GC Session report (titled, “Read the Fine Print”). Meanwhile I pray that my latest book COURAGE will continue to inspire you with the courage needed to stand! You can obtain your copy of this engaging, easy-to-read book as:

1. A free PDF download: 
http://drpipim.org/documents/courage.pdf
2. Ebook & Softcover Book
http://store.eaglesonline.org/index.php/books/courage.html